There is only one University (GIET University) in Rayagada District.
GIET UNIVERSITY, GUNUPUR
Incorporated by Act 23 of 2018, Govt. of Odisha. Approved by UGC u/s 2(f), AICTE, AIU, New Delhi
The UGC approved GIET University (formerly known as Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology) is one of the leading Universities in Odisha. It was established in 1997 by “Vidya Bharati Educational Trust”, Gunupur, Odisha, India. Since its foundation, the Trust has promoted technical education in India to provide quality education in highly disciplined and conducive surroundings with International Standards. The University is located amongst the lush greenery and foothills of the Eastern Ghats of India. This University has emerged with advanced and technical methods and has achieved its zenith within a remarkable period. GIET University thrives through its core objective, “Quality, Disciplined and Progressive Education to all.” through its world-class facilities. However, the University has certain other principles which lie within its curriculum framework extensively.
To be a renowned and Globally Recognized University giving importance to academic excellence with the latest technology, Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurial Attitude.
- To create an innovative and committed workforce to cater to the societal, environmental and economic needs of the Nation.
- To promote Education and Research Globally at par with the international standards
- To prepare future leaders with the latest skills befitting to become Entrepreneurs or Employable.
- To support and uplift the meritorious students of this Tribal Area to represent as an Ambassador in all forums as a part of our social responsibility.
ABOUT GIET UNIVERSITY, GUNUPUR
GIET University is a multi-disciplinary institution dedicated to providing high-quality education to its students. With a focus on practical skills and real-world application, the University is committed to preparing students for success in their chosen fields. The University has Six Schools; each School has its own distinct areas of study:
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
School of Engineering & Technology is having B. Tech. M. Tech. and Ph.D., in the following Branches:
B. TECH.:– 1) Mechanical Engg., 2) Agriculture Engg., 3) Computer Science & Engg., 4) Computer Science and Technology, 5) Electronics and Communication Engg., 6) Civil Engineering, 7) Electrical and Electronics Engg., 8) Electrical Engg., 9) Chemical Engg., 10) Petro Chemical and Petroleum Refinery Engg., 11) CSE – AI/ML, 12) CSE – Data Science, 13) CSE – IoT, 14) Energy Engg.
M.TECH.:- 1) Computer Science and Engg., 2) Electronics & Communication Engg., 3) Power Electronics, 4) Chemical Engg., 5) Biotechnology, 6) Structural Engg., 7) Construction Tech. & Management, 8) Thermal Engg., 9) Manufacturing Technology, 10) Machine Design
Ph. D. :- 1) Computer Science and Engg., 2) ECE, 3) EE & EEE, 4) Chemical, 5) Civil, 6) Mechanical, 7) Biotechnology
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The School of Management Studies offers BBA, MBA with specializations in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management and
Ph.D. in Management.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
The School of Sciences offers Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, BCA, MCA and
PhD in MCA, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology and Biotechnology.
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
The School of Agriculture offers a B.Sc. Agriculture imparting related fields, such as Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Soil Science, Animal Husbandry etc. and
M.Sc. in Agriculture in 1) Agronomy 2) Soil Sciences
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL STUDIES
The School of Humanities & Social Studies offers M.A. in English, Economics, Psychology, and
PhD in 1) English & 2) Economics.
SCHOOL OF NURSING
The School of Nursing offers B.Sc. (Nursing) program, including specializations in pediatric nursing, clinical care nursing etc.
Overall, GIET University is committed to providing a world-class education to its students, preparing them for successful and rewarding careers in a wide range of fields. With a focus on practical skills, real-world application and expert faculty members, the University is an excellent choice for students who are serious about achieving their academic and professional goals.
THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS: MODERN INFRASTRUCTURE
GIET University being a credentialed institution, the University campus is fully equipped with modern equipment to teach, learn, and experience the campus facilities hassle-free. The campus boasts of modern marvel infrastructure with every construction equipped with modern facilities. The GIETU campus is an acquainted high-tech area of the institution, equating itself with the standards of the world’s leading global educational institutions.
The University has been pioneering 25+ years of service with an in-campus capacity of students, about 5000+ providing extensive classrooms, with each building built on 113+ acres of land and maintained with rare architectural marvels and international ambience providing experiences like any other great University!
GIET University is the perfect choice for students in terms of studies and environment. This institute is strategically precise for students who want to pursue world-class education in India. Furthermore, GIETU offers the students an abundant scope of recreational and outdoor activities to undergo overall development in addition to excellent academics. Also, the campus is filled with acres of stunning greenery and views around the campus!
The institution, with its attractive campus, also has provided the best accommodation facility. It provides 16 Boys and 12 Girls Hostel facilities, 3250 Boarders with 100% Power backup, Wi-Fi Internet & 24 hrs security system.
Over the years, GIET University has reinvented itself, its working mechanism, workforce, and facilities to establish itself as one of India’s leading Universities. Be it the staff or the student of GIETU, each individual gives their best to learn and develop in the sphere of higher education and be the best version of themselves.
To build up a dedicated workforce who give their best to shape future leaders. GIETU always works towards making the students capable of establishing themselves in an environment where their knowledge and craft would be appreciated and nurtured.
- To provide education crafted at global standards with the latest technologies, innovative teaching methods, and advanced research. The University has built a state-of-the-art infrastructure with advanced laboratories, research centres, and practical workrooms which enables the students to learn with the best educational tools.
- To support and nurture the meritorious students of the proximate tribal areas to learn, groom, and grow enough to represent themselves as global Ambassadors in all aspects of life. GIETU promotes this mission as an integral part of its social responsibility.
GIET University, Gunupur -A tranquil paradise, away from the noise & bustle of an urban area, surrounded by lush greenery and nestled in the beautiful foothills of eastern India. It is a beautiful, unique & ineffable place which exudes positive energy, spiritual epiphany, sense of serendipity and produces intellectual, cultural, and social giants & academic leaders.
Established in the year 1997, GIET University has crossed 25 years of excellence in practical learning and placement. The University has, over the years, brought forward bright youths to the nation. Youths who have excelled in technology spearheading a brighter future and have carved remarkable paths for others to follow! The University phrases out its motto of quality education in a highly disciplined and conducive environment with international standards to entice and engage its students in learning. It regularly promotes various social and environmental initiatives for better and inclusive development of the community. The aesthetically pleasing and intellectually appealing environment of GIETU is a house of high-end facilities for an uninterrupted flow of learning with a mindset of innovation, research, and entrepreneurial attitude. It indeed is a spectrum of opportunities for the seekers of knowledge, peace, and transcendence.
GIET University offers some of the most sought-after programmes including 20 undergraduate and 20 postgraduate programmes. In addition to undergraduate and postgraduate courses, GIETU also offers full-time and part-time PhD degrees in Engineering, Natural Sciences and Management disciplines.
ACCREDITATIONS, AWARDS AND RANKINGS:
- Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, since 1997.
- Conferred the University status in 2018 through an act of the Odisha Legislative Assembly (approved by UGC, New Delhi)
- Incorporated in the list of Universities in 2019 under Section 2(f) UGC Act, 1956
- Has become a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Having five (5) Schools under GIET University running with 15 B. Tech, 10 M.Tech, B.Sc. (Ag.), MCA, BCA, MBA, BBA, M.Sc. In 5 branches, MA in 5 branches, PhD with good R&D infra, digital library, Entrepreneurship cell, Career Guidance Cell.
- Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), UGC with a 3.26 out of 4.0-grade point in the 2nd Cycle from 2015-2020.
- Seven B-Tech branches of GIETU were accredited five times by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) from 2005-2022 for excellent Teaching Learning methods having strong Outcome Based Education
- Recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) as an institution of high-quality research.
- Obtained NIRF Ranking under 251-300 Band
- Ranked between 26-50 in the category of University & deemed to be a university (Private Self-financed) in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA)-2020.
- GIET University is categorized in the band “EXCELLENT” under the category “University & Deemed to be University (Private/ Self-Financed (Technical)” in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA) 2021
- Successfully hosted virtually the prestigious Smart India Hackathon-2020 on behalf of Govt. of India.
- Successfully hosted virtually the prestigious TOYCATHON-2021 on behalf of AICTE, MHRD, Department of Education, MIC, New Delhi.
- Become Winners of TOYCATHON-2021 DIGITAL EDITION, UNDER THEME DIVYANG, Team Name INFINITY
- Reached final round in Chatra Vishwakarma Award for best innovation organised by AICTE twice in 2017 and also 2021
- “District Green Champion 2020-21” Award is bestowed on GIET University, Gunupur by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India (MGNCRE) under Swachhta Action Plan 2020-21.
- Recognized as an Incubator under the Odisha Start-up Policy-2016
- Recognized as an E-YUVA Center (EYC) supported by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Obtained Authorisation under Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules, 2016 from Odisha State Pollution Control Board
- Received Award from ASSOCHAM, Kolkata for Best University in Rural Area for excellence & contribution to the education sector
- Received Best University award in Eastern India for Placement in “Asia Education Summit & Awards 2020” at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The award was received from Union Minister, Shri Pratap Chandra Sarangi on 27-02-2020.
- Once again GIET University is awarded the “Best University in Innovation and Campus Placement in Eastern India” during 2020-21.
- Awarded ‘The Leader of Campus Placement in Eastern India’ in Education Leaders Awards 2021 by Worldwide Achievers.
- Awarded Best Disciplined University for Academics and Ambience by News India Topgallant Media.
- Received the prestigious Academic Excellence Award 2022 from IIT Bombay.
- Received the ‘Best University’ award for organizing a successful start-up boot camp program in Odisha
- Won the energy conservation award for the best efforts in energy conservation from the Department of Energy, Govt. Of Odisha
- Won the first prize for green building design from Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
- Remote Centre of NME-ICT IIT, Bombay (RC ID.1403), Spoken Tutorial, IIT Bombay, E & ICT Academy, NIT, Patna
- SWAYAM -NPTEL LOCAL CHAPTER (LC No.2280)
- Nodal Centre of IIRS-ISRO, Dehradun and
- Nodal Centre of Virtual Labs, IIT Kharagpur
- Signed MOUs with 12 foreign Universities, 22 Indian Institutions of Education as Academic Partners, 5 Training Partners and 7 Industry partners to get excellence in education.
- Organized 9 International Conferences, virtually during the Pandemic period.
- Industry Collaboration for Training & Placement: TCS, IBM, Infosys, Wipro, Cavisson etc.
- We organise CSR activities under NSS Unit throughout the year like literacy programs, adult education, Blood donation camps, plantation, cleanliness programs under Swachch Bharat Abhiyan, and health awareness programs.
- Received Trophies from the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha continuously from 2012 as the highest Blood Donor Institution.
- Accorded permission to start NCC Unit this year
- Adopted a village where we have arranged electricity, cement roads, health awareness programs, distribution of masks and awareness and precautions to be taken during the COVID pandemic
- Started a Free Driving School, where more than 450 local unemployed people were provided free driving and facilitated them with free driving license
- Trained the local people in Mushroom cultivation with the help of the Biotechnology/Agriculture dept.
- Trained local SC/ST uneducated mass with the skills of Mason and painting works
- Maintaining wastewater treatment plant diverting all water from Hostels and residential quarters which caters to the needs of all agricultural fields of the School of Agricultural lands and also the internal garden area.
- Created Rainwater harvesting collection areas to increase the groundwater level
- We have set up a 125 KWp rooftop solar PV plant to promote Clean & Green technologies, which supplies power to all academic blocks of the University
- Our Agriculture/Biotechnology department developed a vermicompost area where we dump all Agro waste for fertiliser
- We are the only University from Odisha which got a sanction of Rs.2.50 cores funding for the Atal Incubation Centre from ACIC, New Delhi.
- Besides ACIC grants, we received grants from different Govt. Agencies such as DST, DBT BIRAC, Ministry of Mines, AICTE, and MSME worth around Rs.6.00 crores
- Faculty and students have more than 400 Research Publications in all peer-reviewed Journals.
- Published more than 55 patents out of which four are granted
- Started GIET University Journal half yearly with ISSN number
- Registered under AICTE KAPILA, IPR and Patents filing process,
- Become a member of I-STEM
- Successfully conducted the Ek Bharath Shresth Bharath program in collaboration with Thakur College of Engineering and Technology, Mumbai Maharashtra.
- Become a Member of the Institute Innovation Council (IIC), Jal Shakti Abhiyan, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, and Swachch Bharat Abhiyan as introduced by Govt. Of India and so on and so forth.